Build a cool future.
In our certificate program in HVAC technology, you’ll focus on heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration theory, along with the mechanical aspects of the equipment and problem solving. You’ll have the opportunity to earn the key certifications that serve as important industry credentials.
In a hands-on environment, you’ll prepare for a real-world internship as you build the strong foundation of skills to launch a career.
The Certificate, HVAC consists of five quarters. For course descriptions, visit our catalog.
- Supplementary Mathematics
- College Mathematics
- Steps to Career Success 1
- Fundamentals of Electricity
- Heating Systems 1
- Welding & Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Heating Systems II
- Residential Refrigeration
- Load Calculations & Psychometrics
- Customer Service & Career Development for HVAC
- HVAC-R Controls
- Commercial Refrigeration
- Troubleshooting & Diagnostics
- Chiller Systems
- Certification Preparation
Stories about the interesting events and people in our college community.What's New(s)
Welding Graduate Receives “40 Under 40” Award
Sean Myers, 2016 PTC Welding graduate, was presented with the “40 Under 40” award recognizing him for his outstanding contributions to the inland marine transportation industry.