Meet your 96% job placement team.*
It takes know-how to go from student to that all-important first job. At PTC, it takes Career Services. Here, Kristy Swegman walks you through how her and her team partner with you from day one to help launch a successful career you’ll love, for life.
Working with Career Services means you get a leg up on your competition.
- Career prep classes are hardwired into our curriculum
- Connect with employers at career fairs and in networking and mock interview events.
- Industry and alumni speakers provide real-world insights
- Your career advisor identifies job opportunities and schedules interviews
- On-campus degree earners get career experience in an internship or clinical rotation before graduation, a hallmark of a PTC education
We connect alumni to new opportunities for the lifetime of your career.
Provided after graduation at no fee, our services are offered to alumni when they need us, including:
- Alumni registration to get you in the pipeline for resume and career services’ assistance
- Transcript requests
- Optimal Resume’s step-by-step guide
- Career Connect for access to national and local employment opportunities
- Freelance Support Center for support in building a freelance business, including freelance opportunities for students and alumni
- Alumni newsletter
- Networking events, including attending our annual career fair
We’re hard at work for employers, too.
The Career Services team is able to serve our students because of our long-term, productive relationships with employers in our region. We identify and provide top candidates among our students and alumni, and offer other unique features as part of our partnership, including on-campus job fairs and opportunities for you to talk with students interested in part-time employment. If you can’t find what you’re looking for or have a question, don’t hesitate to reach out to Career Services for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we offer. How you benefit.
PTC Career Services works hard to make it easy for employers to hire the right employees for the job by reviewing position requirements and referring the right candidates. And it’s free to both the employer and the PTC student or alumnus. Career services for employers include:
- Posting job opportunities
- Coordinating campus visits
- Matching candidates
- Sending resumes
- Scheduling interviews
- Reserving rooms
- Relaying proper interview instructions
- Handling follow-up calls
- Extending offers
Employers can count on Career Services to schedule interviews at the employer’s job site or on PTC’s campus.
If it’s more convenient, companies can schedule large presentations, group interviews or individual sessions right on PTC’s North Fayette Campus.
Some positions require more experienced graduates. The Alumni Coordinator in Career Services is in touch with graduates locally and across the country and can get the word out to alumni considering a change of venue.
Internships are a great way to test-drive potential candidates and for candidates to get an up-close-and-personal look inside companies. A win-win situation for both the employer and the student, Career Services coordinates internship assignments, manages the paperwork, and monitors student progress. All PTC on-campus degree-seeking students experience last-quarter internships before they graduate—a hallmark of a career-focused PTC education.
Students are encouraged to work part time at local retail, restaurant or other businesses to gain customer service skills and boost their professionalism to support their career goals. Post your opportunities or job applications in Career Services, or schedule a part-time job table to speak with students on campus. Post your job here (we’d be happy to do it for you) https://ptcollege-csm.symplicity.com/employers.
*Showcases graduates from 2019 classes. Data includes those who were available for work and were offered and/or received career search assistance from 1/1/2019-3/30/2020. Includes full-time, part-time, or freelance positions. Visit ptcollege.edu/employmentstats to learn more.