You’ve served our country. Now it’s our turn to serve you.
As a veteran attending PTC, you’ll benefit from a career-focused, hands-on education from day one. Our Career Services department will provide guidance when you need help finding work—whether it’s been 10 days since you graduated or 10 years.
We take great pride in supporting you, and offer a range of resources that can help to ensure that your academic and professional careers are a success.
Pittsburgh Technical College has earned our best-in-class 2023 Best for Vets ranking from Military Times because of our programs and support services that help our military students use their education benefits. This means that you get in, get out, and into a fulfilling career you love, when you begin your education at PTC.
Military-friendly resources and benefits
We strive to make it easy to understand your military education benefits. Your enrollment coordinator and financial aid counselor will help you tap into the benefits you and your family have earned for your service.
Here are highlights of our support services and what you can expect during your education at PTC:
- Some PTC programs are offered fully online, making it possible to earn your degree or certificate regardless of where you are stationed or deployed.
- Some evening programs are a blend of on-ground and online classes giving campus-based students an added element of flexibility.
- PTC provides a generous deployment policy should you be called to active duty and welcomes your return when orders permit.
- As a year-round student you move through your program faster.
- A DANTES affiliated school.
- Vocational rehabilitation education approved.
- VA benefit approved.
- A member of the Department of Defense Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (DoD MOU) Program.
- CLEP and DSST exam credit for transferring students.
- Participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- MyCAA approved for financial aid to military spouses.
- An exclusive lounge for our military students.