Explore your options
Have fun, meet new friends, and make the most of your PTC home away from home!
PTC’s Resident Life Department oversees on-campus student housing. A Director and live-in staff create a nurturing environment for students through personal interaction, one-to-one support, and on-campus activities.
Our goal is to cultivate a comfortable atmosphere where students can grow and learn, have fun and explore surrounding communities, and develop independence and lifelong friendships.
Having fun is more enjoyable when the transition to college life is easy. Resident Life programs tackle issues such as finances, homesickness, study skills, and managing stress and deadlines. Other topics cover diversity education, alcohol and drug awareness, and personal safety.
“Living in PTC student housing provided me with a safe, nurturing environment that enabled me to think independently, acquire essential life skills, and contribute to a diverse community.”
– Greg G., Multimedia Video Production Graduate
- New Student Health & Wellness Center in the Keystone building to treat minor illnesses and injuries at no cost to students
- Kitchen with microwave, range, and refrigerator
(Meals are the student’s responsibility and can be purchased in the Café during the week)
- Secure card access, smoke-free buildings
- Furnished units
- Internet access and utilities included
- Laundry room and common areas for activities
- Five-minute walk from PTC’s classroom buildings
- New fitness center in on-campus housing
- Close by car or public transportation to shopping, dining, or job opportunities
- Free parking
Some students prefer the independence of private accommodations. PTC’s Resident Life Department can suggest private apartments convenient to our North Fayette Campus. You choose the apartment and make arrangements with the landlord or leasing agent.
Monthly rent varies widely depending on the unit, amenities, size and location, accessibility to public transportation, and number of roommates.
Request a Private Housing Guide
Securing a place to live
These are the steps to take to secure your student housing:
- Talk with admissions
Schedule a call and visit with admissions to get a feel for residential life.
- Schedule a financial aid appointment
Your PTC financial aid planner can give you a good idea of how housing costs work with your financial aid package.
- Make your housing decision
Consider your options and decide if PTC student housing is the best fit for you.
- Secure your housing assignment
Submit your housing deposit and required forms in your dashboard account. Housing assignments are made based on the date the deposit is made. Student housing is limited.
*Note that deposit is refundable in full if the college is notified 30 days prior to the class start
Paying for housing
First-year housing costs for students range from $2,450 – $2,875 per student per quarter depending on occupancy and accomodation.
You can pay for your student housing
in these ways:
- Use your financial aid** – grants, student loan, parent loan, alternative loan, military benefits.
- Schedule automatic monthly deductions from a designated account
- Make monthly or quarterly cash payments
**Housing costs are subject to change. Financial aid awards can be applied to your housing costs. Ask your PTC Enrollment Coordinator or financial aid planner to explain how this might work for you.