These activities build a stronger campus community, and by participating, you’ll expand your circle of friends and deepen your understanding of other cultures. What follows is just a sample of campus life at PTC.
To learn more about our student activities at PTC, click here.
- Movie Nights
- Backyard Bash Picnic
- Foam Party
- Constitution Day
- Video Tournaments
- Network Game Shows
- Halloween Costume Bash
- Rocky Horror Picture Show
- + more!
Hunger Free Campus
Pittsburgh Technical College is officially part of a coalition of colleges and universities across the state focused on addressing hunger and other basic needs for students.
We are supporting students from all walks of life on our campus by:
- Directly connecting students to food options through one or more of the following: an on-campus food pantry, a local community-based food pantry, or a food delivery program.
- Increasing awareness of Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) eligibility for students, focusing SNAP outreach on potentially eligible students, and helping students apply for SNAP and other benefits.
- Convening a task force to address basic needs, including hunger, and raising awareness among students using a lens of equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- A 40-by-60-foot garden was constructed to help combat food insecurity on campus and is tended to by PTC students. There is a wide array of more than 70 herbs and vegetables, including zucchini, eggplant, peppers and a whole lot of tomatoes.
Student Core Values
If we all follow these five key principles in our daily interactions, PTC will remain a safe and supportive place. It all comes down to treating others as you wish to be treated.
Integrity – Exemplify honesty, honor, and respect for the truth in all dealings.
Community – Build and enhance your community.
Social Justice – Act justly and equitably in the treatment of all members of the community and discourage and/or intervene to prevent unjust and inequitable behaviors.
Respect – Show positive regard for each other, for property, and our community.
Responsibility – Accept a high level of responsibility to self, others, and the community.