Campus Alert System
Delays. Changes. Warnings and last-minute messages.
Sign up for PTC Alerts for important information and emergency notifications or student activity announcements and cancellations.
Students: Select “Login Via Single Sign-On”. You will automatically be enrolled in the Emergency Alerts group. If you wish to receive updates about campus activities, you will need to check the Student Activities box upon sign-up. If you will be residing in campus housing, you should also check the “On-campus housing” box.
Parents, Guardians, and Visitors: Select “Sign Up” in the top right corner of the page, create an account, and select “Emergency Alerts”.
Groups: When signing in, you will be prompted to select groups for which you would like to receive alerts. Those groups are:
- Emergency Alerts- Weather Delays and Closure
- Student Activities- Parties, Game nights, Intramural Sports, etc
- On-Campus Housing– Dorm events, hot water notices, power outage
The App: Yes, our Alert System has its own app! You can download the Omnilert App in the App Store or Google Play store for free and login with your credentials.
- Panic Button: Press and hold the red “Panic Button” to connect with PTC Public Safety or 911 from anywhere on campus.
- Submit a tip: Have information for public safety? Submit a report right within the app. You can tell us your name or remain anonymous. If you have an emergency call 911.
It’s simple. It’s free. And it is the easiest way to always be in the know, no matter where you are or what time of day or night it is. Everyone in the PTC community should register and so can their family members.
If you experience trouble signing up for alerts and notifications, please contact the IT Help Desk at PTC by calling 412-809-5397 or 1-800-784-9675, ext. 5397. If you have an emergency, PTC’s Public Safety Department is available 24/7 by calling 412-809-5300 or 1-800-784-9675 ext. 5300.