Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Pittsburgh Technical College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, 267.284.5000, (www.msche.org). MSCHE is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
This means that Pittsburgh Technical College is regionally accredited with the same accreditation as Penn State, Slippery Rock and CCAC.
PTC’s Medical Assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board, permitting graduates to sit for their certification exam.
PTC’s Surgical Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
The Practical Nursing Certificate Program is accredited through fall 2018 by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326. (404) 975-5000. www.acenursing.org
PTC’s Therapeutic Massage Practitioner program meets the requirements of an Assigned School for the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
In 2003, the Pennsylvania Secretary of Education authorized PTC to operate as a college and to award the Associate in Science degree to graduates of approved programs.
- Approved for the training of state rehabilitation students
- Approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the Department of Homeland Security
- Approved for the training of veterans and war orphans
- Approved for the training of dislocated workers through CareerLink
- Approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage body Work (MCBTMB)
- Approved as a testing site – the National Center for Competency Testing
- Approved by the Pennsylvania State Nursing Board
- G.I. Jobs designated Pittsburgh Technical College a military friendly school placing the institution in the top 15 percent of colleges and universities nationwide.
- PTC is approved for vocational rehabilitation education under Chapter 31 of the GI Bill®.
- PTC participates in the Post 9/11 GI Bill® Yellow Ribbon program.
- PTC has partnered with the American Council on Education and recognizes learning acquired in the military.
- PTC qualifies for MyCAA, a program that provides aid to military spouses.
- PTC is a member of SOC, an organization for servicemembers worldwide.
- Pittsburgh Technical College is designated a military friendly school by GI Jobs placing the institution in the top 15 percent of colleges and universities nationwide.
“GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
PTC is a member of The President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.