Associate in Science
Multimedia Technologies, Web Design and Development
Choose two paths within this major.
Explore the world of Multimedia Technologies through the Video Production or Web Design and Development concentrations.
Web Design and Development
Web designers, UX designers, and web developers are problem solvers, creative engineers, and skilled professionals whose work fills the screens that are all around us.
In our Web Design and Development program, you’ll learn to create compelling webpages, screens, and interfaces, and code them to streamline the user experience on tablets, mobile devices, desktops and laptops. You’ll develop skills in both the design and programming aspects of the web.
You’ll study front-end basics like layout design, typography, photography, color theory, digital imaging, and apply that learning to design sites for everything from mobile devices to desktop computers. Learn to create content management systems using server side code to retrieve dynamic data. Design interfaces for a wide world of screens and environments. Write code to power highly interactive systems and applications. Animate screen elements to enhance the user experience. And diagnose and troubleshoot code errors.
You’ll build wireframes and responsive websites. Work the problems and devise the solutions. Apply everything you’ve learned to a real-world internship that can open your eyes to the realities—and opportunities—that lie ahead.
You’ll enter the workforce equipped with a personal website to showcase your work and your talents to potential employers. And enter the industry as a designer, front-end coder, back-end developer, or even go to work for yourself.
- Understand at least five languages and several frameworks used in web development.
- Create content management systems using server side code to retrieve dynamic data.
- Design interfaces for a wide array of screens and environments.
- Write code that powers highly interactive systems and applications.
- Create interactive solutions for delivery on desktops, mobile devices, tablets, and large format displays.
- Animate screen elements to add tone and context to the user experience.
- Problem-solve and troubleshoot code errors.
- Solve creative and technical problems.
Our grads are working in the industry in roles such as these:
- Web developer
- Web designer
- Graphic/web designer
- Front end developer
- PHP developer
Alumni Freelance Center
This online resource offers the tools the tools to build your own practice with your own clients—along with professional networking opportunities. You’ll find helpful articles, tutorials, and links to services and job postings.
Employers of PTC Graduates*
Our Career Services staff will work with you on your job search—just as they’ve helped our grads who’ve been hired by employers including:
- Ciber, Inc.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Higher Images, Inc.
*Background check and drug screening may be required prior to employment.
The Web Design & Development path consists of eight quarters. For course descriptions, visit our catalog.
- Computer Illustration (IL)
- Critical Thinking
- Steps to Career Success 1
- Web Design Concepts
- Color Theory and Techniques
- Principles of Writing
- English Composition 1
- Web Authoring Design
- Digital Imaging
- English Composition 2
- Client-side Web Development
- Personal Finance
- Dynamic Content Management
- Interactive Design
- Steps To Career Success 2
- Effective Speech
- Delivery for the Web
- Server Side Scripting
- Development Methods
- Art History
- Career Development
- Server Side Development
- Web Project Development
- Human Relations In Organizations
- Advanced Interactive Technologies
- Web Portfolio Development
- Entrepreneurship – Online
Stories about the interesting events and people in our college community.What's New(s)