Class of 2008, Information Technology
Current Job Title: Senior Cloud Service Delivery Manager
Current Employer: Amazon Web Services
Positions held since graduating from PTC:
- Systems Administrator, Diebold (now Diebold-Nixdorf)
- Systems Engineer, Roetzel & Andress
- Senior Systems Administrator, CSC (now DXC)
- Architect, HP Enterprise Services (now DXC)
- Systems Administration Sr. Advisor, Dell Services (now NTT Data Services)
- [promotion] Systems Administration Manager, Dell Services (now NTT Data Services)
- [promotion] Delivery Management Consultant, Dell Services (now NTT Data Services)
- [promotion] Delivery Executive Director, Dell Services (now NTT Data Services)
- Senior Engagement Manager, Amazon Web Services
- [current role] Senior Cloud Service Delivery Manager, Amazon Web Services
- 2014 Dell Champion Award (Awarded to top 10% of all Dell employees based on performance and customer advocacy)
- 2014 ACE Leadership Award (Awarded to Dell Services leaders receiving >75% favorability in inspiration, accountability, collaboration, and execution, based on survey of direct reports)
Describe any interesting projects that you’ve worked on:
- Participated in and provided oversight during multiple enterprise account transitions, including full datacenter migrations consisting of more than 2,500 servers
- Designed and implemented a 24/7 ‘always on’ support model for all infrastructure support teams on a major account
- Developed and implemented global server build and decommission processes, used by both Wintel & Unix/Linux teams, for a Fortune 100 client
- Developed infrastructure automation adoption plan, leading to a savings of 3,000 labor hours per month
- Developed and implemented global Windows Server patching process for approximately 2,000 systems
- Managed global delivery team of over 75 resources to achieve >95% SLA/KPI compliance, month on month, while growing margins over 35%
What did you learn from PTC that still inspires you to this day?
Aside from developing hands-on technical knowledge, PTC had excellent faculty who truly cared about their students. Some of my most influential mentors were instructors at PTC. They made a concerted effort to not only develop skills, but contextualize those skills and help bridge the gap between academic learning and practical application.
What or who was your biggest influencer as a PTC student?
Charles Eltringham was, by far, the most influential person at PTC.
Is there anything else you’d like to share? Personal accomplishments?
- Obtained Bachelor’s of Science in Information Technology (Franklin University) in 2013
- Obtained Master of Business Administration (University of Florida) in 2015
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- ITIL Foundations 2011
- MCITP: Server Administrator
- MCSE 2003 Security
- CompTIA Network+